Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 1:30-3:00 PM - $20 / person
Bright Star World Dance - 108 High Street, Portland, ME 04101
Corner of High & Spring, above the Little Tap House restaurant
$20 in advance, or at the door if space allows
Designed for students with little or no dance experience, this foundations workshop will introduce you to the world of ballroom dancing through the three of the most popular ballroom dances.
People of all genders and backgrounds are welcome. No partner needed!
- The Slow Waltz - The waltz is one of the most popular ballroom dances, a truly romantic dance comprised of soft, round, flowing movement.
- The Foxtrot - Think Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers! The Foxtrot is in fact comprised of fairly simple walking forward, backward, and side steps.
- The East Coast Swing - Evolved from the Lindy Hop, swing is the most famous American Dance—cheeky, fun, and rhythmic.
About Alex Ivanov - Award-Winning Ballroom Dance Instructor
Alex started dancing at the age of six in Bulgaria. At the age of sixteen he was accepted to study at the high school academy for Bulgarian folk music and dancing traveling and performing throughout the country.
Following his dream he moved to the USA and began his Ballroom Dancing career.
Alex has been a professional ballroom dancer for over 25 years, winning multiple competitions and top teacher awards. He continues to enjoy teaching and training students from all levels in all of the ballroom styles.
Pre-Register - Save your Spot!
Sign up in advance to reserve your spot - $20 per person
- All payments are non-refundable.
- Registration can be transferred to another attendee with written notice via email from the original attendee.
- In case of weather cancellations the workshop will be rescheduled and all attendees will be given the option of transferring to the new date or receiving a refund.
- 18 students maximum
- All ages welcome. Those under 18 must have a parent or guardian present at check-in prior to the workshop.
- Walk-ins welcome if space permits.